Friday, July 24, 2009

Take Your Pick

There he is again….. the recycling bandit probing through my can as I emerge from my door to get the morning paper. It’s trash day and the cans are out at the curb. Are they now public domain? It still creeps me out.

“Is it all right if I pick?” he asks. “I don’t love it, but do what you gotta’ do.” I reply.

He continues with his white gloves and some sort of extension pole to methodically extract his bounty. What is more enigmatic is his late model Toyata sedan, a car that looks like that of an urban professional.

I wonder if I should rethink what goes into the can. I do shred important documents; but maybe some of my correspondence needs to be trashed rather than recycled. Did he just snag the financial section? He’s probably going to review his portfolio.

3 comments:

  1. How about a "Keep Out" sign on the blue can?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. simple problem with a simple solution. next time you decide to "recycle" only place one thing in the can; a treasure map leading directly to nowhere... fast

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't mean to upset you. Next week I'll get there a little earlier

    ReplyDelete