Thursday, July 9, 2009

DaBag



“Dad, look at you. You’re still in your pajamas”, observed son, Garrett at 3 in the afternoon. Technically I was still in the sweats I’d slept in the night before. “Have you even showered?”, he asked. Technically I hadn’t. You see, I work at home. No, DaBlog is actually not my day job!

I produce topographic maps for a land surveying company. It all takes place by email with an occasional phone call. I haven’t even seen the boss since the office Christmas party. And no, he doesn’t read DaBlog.

The work is visual and technical, which I like. Not feeling my legs after a long session at the computer, I no like. Working from home, I love. I’m usually flexible enough to bike and even surf occasionally. The recession has enabled the fitness regimen too, though I am super busy right now.

I wonder what the neighbors must think as they see my car perpetually parked in the driveway, coming and going only with bike atop or groceries within. Guess I’m very often here hibernating.

Officer: Ma’am, what can you tell us about the suspect?
Neighbor: He’s a quiet fellow…keeps to himself….always friendly.
Officer: Hmmm…Anything else?
Neighbor: Well, he does spend an awful lot of time digging in that back yard of his.
Officer: What else?
Neighbor: Some mornings he drags a long bulky bag to his roof rack and drives off before sunrise. Wonder what the hell he has in there?

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny what the neighbors must think. Maybe there are marigolds in that there bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. nice comment. my comment is this: i actually read this long post. how bout that

    ReplyDelete