Friday, July 17, 2009

It's Joe Time


Wake up and smell the coffee!.... Hold up, it’s not quite that easy. There is an entire process involved here. But that sounds too tedious; so I like to think of it as a morning ritual.

Actually the ritual used to consist of a trip to my local barrista. But now I am happily my own coffee sommelier. I sound like a real coffee snob, huh? Damn straight. Yes I got tired of standing in line half awake and bedraggled, waiting endlessly while others ordered their frou frou coffee drinks. But what really changed my life was a gift from Rhio. Behold the Chemex coffee carafe.

I always start by grinding the best beans I can muster. The water must not be boiled too vigorously so as not to "bruise" the beans. First I add only a splash to allow the beans to "bloom". As they rise, I inhale the deep aroma…..country fresh, like a morning after a rainstorm. At last my brew is ready and I drink in this infusion of life blood. Let’s get this party started!

No comments:

Post a Comment