Sunday, September 2, 2012

must eat meat


Other than that piece of Spam sushi that I mistook for Unagi, I really haven’t eaten red meat since 1990. Ain’t it funny how sometimes events conspire to affect change!?

Since I am still recovering from a recent bike crash I have lapsed a bit. Last night I realized I was basically refrigerating air. Well, it wasn’t quite that desperate, I did have IPA and coffee....basic survival mode. And there was the Vicodin. I remembered I still had some from my botched hernia surgery years ago.  Forget the 9/09 expiration date, that stuff worked fine…just fine.


My evening plan was to kick back with the Season 5 True Blood finale, under a full moon yet. But first I’d have to venture forth into the night like a vampire in search of food.

I was soon back in my lair with what should have been a fat grilled chicken burrito. Just as the first of many vampires got staked, I took a big bite. The creature exploded and to my horror, the burrito was Carne Asada!!!!

What to do now? No other food source, injuries throbbing, dull from Vicodin, under that full moon fever. I gulped the IPA for courage....... Aw, what the hell.

2 comments: