Thursday, August 30, 2012

black & blue sky


The bike flipped over as if in slow motion. 
As I hurtled in my upside down trajectory, all I could think 
before slamming down on the rocks, 
was how blue the sky!

Here's a little addendum form Joel, my biking bro.....
I was waiting at the bottom of Marsh & when Matt didn't show for awhile rode back up a ways to find the stoic Prince accompanying his uncooperative steed with twisted bar, despite his smashed right wrist, down to the top of Canyon picnic table, & then with bar newly set, gamely riding the rocky descent to his car, w/ my barely believed opinion that the wrist wasn't broken. The ride up had been all joy and acclamation for the rolling big wheels, the new found enthusiasm smashed asunder, when a solitary rock refused to join the party.


2 comments:

  1. awwwwww.. hows the bike? you look bruised but you are smiling, or is that a grimace? lovely poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary. As to the bike, it was actually a demo of a 29er, nicknamed for its bigger outside tire diameter. These bikes are like monster trucks that roll over everything. Well.... not quite everything, as I found out!

    ReplyDelete