Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Doctor's Orders: No Arm Wrestling




It’s been a month since I got hurt; so I finally went to a Sports Doc.

Seems that ligaments take awhile to heal….longer than bones even. Thus my small contusion is nearly healed, while my Ulna ligament…. not so much.

Who knew I even had an Ulna ligament? I didn’t, at least not until the Doctor torqued my hand outward, simulating my fall. At that point my screams pretty much cleared out his waiting room.


The good news is I’ll heal. The bad news is it could take 2 months more. Could be worse. At least I can tape up, shut up and do some road rides.

Climbing is fine, but I max out with a 3 mile Lichau Road descent though….so a 12 mile Pine Flat descent will have to wait. The geezer posse will just have to go on without me. So try to keep up the repartee without my scintillating contributions.

One further note to self: Next time, remember not to crash!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment