Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Terminator


Catching Skinny on a hill climb just ain’t gonna happen. When we road bike, I am feeling good just to see him on the distant horizon.

When I crested Sonoma Mt. Rd., he was awaiting me. He quickly pointed out the large rattlesnake sunning itself there on the little traveled road. Rattlers always appear formidable in their very presence. We would soon find out just how formidable.

Just then another cyclist appeared. I yelled out, but he just obliviously waved back and proceeded to run over the serpent sunbather. Kathump!

Just as suddenly a Porsche convertible made the summit. Kathump, kathump!!

Only a Terminator could handle such a pummeling. Miraculously, the snake survived; though now it’s basking in the sun had given way to a menacing slither. It was swiftly heading right for us and it was hella pissed!

I’m outta here I exclaimed..... and for once, I left Skinny to pick up the rear.

No comments:

Post a Comment