Monday, November 30, 2009

Freezer Burn


What was I thinking?! Well, actually I wasn’t.......thinking that is.

I decided to give the ole knee joint the usual ice pack treatment yesterday; hoping I'd be more agile for surfing today (though as it turned out, in today’s sketchy surf conditions, I was way less than agile anyway)

See, I routinely put my gel ice pack into its sleeve and then surround that onto the knee with an ace bandage. That way the ice pack adheres nicely to the knee and I am free to do whatever. Well, somehow I got sidetracked doing whatever and somehow placed the ice (sans sleeve) directly on my skin.

Long story short, today I seem to have frostbite.

It’s actually not a pretty sight, looking much like a serious sunburn. They probably won’t have to amputate, but I do know I will now be careful to avoid freezer burn.......of myself.

YOU EEDIOT
-Ren Hoek

No comments:

Post a Comment