Wednesday, October 7, 2009

RX: Surf


Tweaked my knee last week somehow. Then I got a dang cold. A good time to get busy on the work front (happily a series of jobs came my way)…but with it all, I missed two nice days of south swell. So today I hoped for a come back.

I showed up a little later than my usual, allowing for the sun to provide its warmth. Loren was suiting up as I pulled in and said , “Don’t even bother looking. The lefts are peeling off”. I needed to walk a bit to test out my knee though, which wasn’t bearing weight so well on my stroll last evening. The view of gleaming lefts in the morning sun was dazzling. Time to ‘get my surf on’! *See 9/25 post.

The wetsuit was much like a neoprene support brace for my knee and the cold and salty water provided a nasal wash for the old sinuses. The 52 degree ocean snapped me right out of my Nyquil stupor too. And most of all, the clean waist to shoulder high peelers rejuvenated my spirit. Ah nature’s panacea!

1 comment: