Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I'm A Dental Case



I’d rather have a root canal than "fill in the blank”. Well, now I’ll have my chance. At least I got to replenish my Vicadin stash. Not that I enjoy being out of it like that; but it does help to transcend the toothache. I'll have to pop one when I get the bill too. I am actually looking forward to the “procedure”, a euphemism for yanking the nerve.

Unfortunately this endodontist doesn’t administer nitrous, which always enables me to be a model patient. Instead I will take a valium to "get in the mood". And by the way, his office is located only several blocks from my house; so I can even walk there. Ironically I won’t be allowed to walk home, which would put the endo’s license at risk, he claims. He expects me to get a cab home. Sorry but I’ve already seen Taxi Driver and don’t want some crazed guy with a mowhawk showing up at my door cause he’s pissed about a miniscule fare! So stay tuned….I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment