Saturday, February 19, 2011

functional art


Muddy bike trails, blown out surf, heavy rain…..whatever. Bring it on. Training does not have to reach an impasse. Behold my Kossee Balance Board!!!

I was triumphant on eBay when I scored this baby. Dana creates a one of a kind art statement with each beautifully crafted board. I encouraged him to go abstract with mine and I was blown away with what evolved. When not in use, it occupies a place of display in my living room as part of the décor. It’s that nice!

Training with this board is rapidly putting me more in tune with my center and maintaining my leg strength despite rainy days of no biking. And I get inspired to use it whenever I gaze upon that design. As Dana aptly puts it, "Unique design through limit free originality.... Functional art"

Check one out here on his website.

No comments:

Post a Comment