Wednesday, February 23, 2011

face fashion



So, I’ve experimented with the goatee off and on. This style of facial hair always elicits having my girlfriend, Rhio call me "The Colonol"... as in Sanders. Not the effect I was going for. And the mustache has come and gone so whimsically that she now takes an inventory of my face every time I walk through the door.

And yet I have feared the beard. Finally, as I fast approach the big six-oh, I am ready to get my grey on. Wanting to be on the "cutting edge" (that one's in air quotes) of face fashion, I turned to Google. Here (verbatim) is some of the inspiration I discovered....


Right this second you are a nobody in LA if you don't have a beard.

Some beard types….The Hollywood Beard, The Scandal Beard, The Charity Beard, The Mid-life Crisis Beard and The Testosterone Beard.

Beard plays an important distinction between men, it gives a person a new look, a new vibe. People like having different styles of beard and make their face look more macho thus attracting several beautiful women.

A trimmed stache and patch of hair under the lower lip says "I am a bad ass, I know it and you know it. I'm a nice enough guy but if we cross, well, you don't want that."

If you like going to clubs, listening to dance music and objectifying women, you should probably go with a tightly trimmed goatee. Or a chinstrap. Those are particularly lame. If you live in Scranton, Pa., Abilene, Texas, or Fresno, Ca., go for a mustache.

Shaggy from Scooby-Doo started a fabulous facial hair trend that is perfect for laid-back guys who want to rock a hippy style. All you have to do is let your facial hair grow out on your chin in a patch. The Shaggy chin patch is a really fun and youthful facial hair style to try out if your lifestyle allows for alternative looks.

Once you let your beard grow longer than a few inches, pretty much anything goes. You might want to think about conditioning every once in a while, but other than that, your main goal should be to keep your beard free of tangles, food, and anything with an exoskeleton. For maintenance, try whatever you can find in your shed.

1 comment: