Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bon Appetit

The City of Santa Rosa has been conducting smoke testing of the sanitary sewer system. Smoke is pumped into open manholes and ideally should come pouring out of bathroom roof vent pipes without entering the home. If smoke does enter; then you are basically breathing sewer gas!

Yesterday my friend Lance joined me for lunch. Being a refined fellow who always lauds my culinary offerings, I knew he would enjoy the special lunch I was planning. He arrived quite punctually, and when I answered the doorbell, there he stood; and behind him, a city utility worker clad in bright orange. Should I set another plate?

So my appetizing repast of Asian chicken and cabbage salad was orchestrated with great flare to appeal to Lance’s discerning pallet and gourmet taste. How aesthetically pleasing and dramatic the presentation! Meanwhile smoke came pouring from all the neighboring rooftops! Mmmm, what is that delicate aroma?

1 comment:

  1. Glad you passed the gas,er, I mean test! Did any fumes pass out from your rooftop? Perhaps you and Lance were too busy enjoying your always excellent cuisine to be bothered by sniffing the air outside.

    ReplyDelete