Friday, September 2, 2011

cop stop



Town was packed yesterday, what with the big south swell, and parking was hard to come by. I guess other surf spots were closed out cause there were many unfamiliar cars, trucks and faces.

Lucky for me that Rob was packing up as I arrived for second shift. He said to hang for a couple minutes as he finished every surfer’s ritual of shedding neoprene, stowing gear and board strapping.

As we chatted, The Man rolled up. Uh-oh, better be cool.

“How long should I let you stop here?” he asked, somewhat firmly.

Thought process: Hmmm? As long as it takes? Probably the wrong answer.

“Sounds like a rhetorical question.” I replied. “I’m on my way.”

If only I’d had a donut handy...

I circled slowly around and eased into the spot Rob was now waiting to comp me with.

Later I “passed forward” the favor to Hans when he showed up for third shift. Ya gotta have connections these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment