Monday, May 16, 2011

rite of passage




I was feeling skeptical about this whole turning 60 thing; so I crunched the numbers. There were so many of them and the calculation was quite complex. Turns out I’m only 59!!


C’mon, work with me on my denial here.

But hey 60 is the new 50 right? Yeah, right. At least grey really is the new sexy!

Well I’m still biking and that’s a good thing. I used to feel challenged when younger guys passed me on the trail. Now I’m just glad to even be on the trail.

So, I’m out mountain biking with my therapist buddy Kevin and I was hoping for a little moral support about the BIG 60. So I ventured, “The trail ahead should be placid, huh?”.

“No Matty”, he replied, “for a man your age it actually tends to get kind of flaccid.”

Thanks, dude. Well at least the therapy is free.

I think turning 60 will be like a rite of passage....but then so was my colonoscopy.

No comments:

Post a Comment