Thursday, April 28, 2011

good cop...no donut...huh?



As I pulled into the Spring Lake parking lot at 7:15 this morning, the big black and white Santa Rosa Police bus loomed large. What would await me on my morning mountain bike ride? What would warrant such a police presence here in mother nature’s playground? Foul play perhaps? Would I see some body bags being hauled out of Annadel? My mind raced.

No sooner had I rounded the first bend approaching the canal bridge, than I was confronted with a wall of 20 or so police…not in uniform, but in full on exercise mode. Several of these young commandos were prone on the bridge, busting out push ups and blocking my path.


“Just run ‘em over”, quipped one of their ranks.

“Hey, who brought the donuts?” I decided it best to keep my wise ass inner monologue to myself as I politely rode by.

I was actually very impressed with this chily, early morning fitness training mission. Not even a bear claw in sight. Hopefully they weren’t missing out on any a.m. crime sprees back in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment