Friday, February 5, 2010

Modern Day Mona





Sinister has been tagging the mean streets of Detroit since the late 80's and is collected worldwide..his client list includes Kid Rock..Eric Clapton..Iggy Pop..Jack White..Marilyn Manson and Gene Simmons..He is the leader of the Winking Zombie Artist Collective……….or so said the seller on Ebay.

Anyway, I sometimes get a little bored just sitting at the computer working on topo maps all day. At times I jump on Ebay and see what’s up. There were a series of paintings by Sinister that intrigued me and one in particular.

I pondered……Will the art of Sinister blow up like Banksy? Should I blow money on artwork? Would it be an investment? Either way I’d enjoy an unusual piece. Could it hurt just to bid?

Ebay often happens in the final several seconds of an auction. The first 4 Sinister paintings had from 12 to 41 bids each. I got blown off every time in the last 10 seconds. So for the final painting, I entered my max bid and held my breath. Yes! I was victorious on Ebay! Score an unusual painting and perhaps something of future value. If you must know, I dropped $46.

I’m drawn to this painting because the subject is like a modern day Mona Lisa with some ‘tude. Art is after all in the eye of the beholder; so that’s my take.

2 comments:

  1. I would have bought that,too given the chance.Excellent piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is probably my 10th time looking at this. Your creation surpasses that of the origonal.Seriously Dude,Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete